Wednesday, November 29, 2006

More o the same

Life has taken a definite turn to structuralization (is this a word?) I usually start at 8am with reading what I didn´t feel like reading the night before (usually all of it). I´ve been in class for 2 weeks and I´m about 9 days behind in my reading. Its what engineering school will do to you - work the numbers and skip anything with an alphabet. I´m learning, however. My classes from 9am to 3pm leave me thirsting for life which I put on hold to meet with my workgroup from 4:30 to 7pm or so everyday. Afterwards you can usually find me having cañas and tapas trying to unwind a bit before heading back to the books for the rest of the night. Feel sorry for me yet? Nah, me neither. Getting back into having things pressing 24/7 is tough - the lifestyle change curve has been steep but I´m getting there.

An elective, Spanish for Business, starts the first week of December and lasts til July, two days per week. I don´t even have time to breathe now so I´m not sure how I´ll fit in studying a foreign language. Luckily maybe I can create a nightly assignment to just go hang out with friends and speak Spanish as homework. Who said learning isn´t fun?

Next week we have a five day break!!! It will be nice to get away for a bit and unwind. The plan is to go to the northern part of Spain next to the sea in the region of Asturias - I hear its the part of Spain that mostly resembles New Zealand...so it must be beautiful. Back to financial accounting - fun ;-)

No comments: