Sunday, July 08, 2007

Its been a bit....

Inspired by Cortney and my direct link from her page (thanks cort!), I've decided (at least for today) to start blogging a bit again. It has been a challenging decision. A lot is going on right now...as of about 10 minutes ago I am no longer a student at Instituto de Empresa. Its a strange concept that I haven't completely grasped yet...this place has run my entire life since last October - I even have scars ;) But I'm done! For once I have nothing to read and no assignments to turn in...whooohooo!



By Monday I'll pack up my room and fit it into a few suitcases and sometime in August, move all those things to Zaragoza, Spain. Its about halfway between Madrid and Barcelona, in very close to the Pyranees mountains. There I'll be completing the second half of a dual masters degree between IE business school and MIT's masters in logistic engineering. Zaragoza is the home of the largest dry port in Europe and is MIT's base for their international logistics program.

Enough of school talk. What is nice is that I will have a few weeks of relaxation and freedom before starting the program in Zaragoza. First I'm going to Morocco with some friends from my class (yes, next to the Sahara Desert during the hottest month of the year!), then back to Spain to tie up some loose ends, on to Berlin to meet a friend from Canada who I lived with in New Zealand who now lives in London. Then we'll take a train over to Hamburg to visit another friend who we met in New Zealand. After that is a week of moving into my new home in Zaragoza (assuming I find one), going to orientation which will be based around teamwork by white water rafting and climbing in the Pyranees. And finally, classes will begin at the end of August...phew!! I'm going to need another break!




2 comments:

Debbie Bowman said...

I love reading your blogs and am glad you have started again. I hope you have a wonderful and restful few weeks before starting school all over again. Love, Mom

Cortney said...

Where have I been??? I missed the great comeback. I'm glad you're back in the blogging world. Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming travels.