Monday, July 23, 2007

Summertime

Today I'm packing up my life after a really nice weekend with my closest friends in Madrid. It was really good and really weird at the same time. After basically living with these people for the last ten months (going to class, dinners, trips, studying and socializing), it has come to an end in a way. I told a lot of people goodbye this weekend...some I will see a few times more in Madrid or in Zaragoza when they visit but a few have left Madrid for good who I won't see again until visting their country in a few years. Thats the bad part of having friends from everywhere in the world I guess.



Today I'm off to Marrakech in Morocco - my first time on the African continent! The highs are around 105F but at night it will be in the 60's. Desert weather is so strange to me after growing up with nearly 110% humidity and miserable, stuffy days and nights in the summers. We will be in Marrakech for 3 nights, then to the coast for the rest of the stay. Kite surfing is huge there so I may try out the sport for the first time. If not I'll probably find a surf board somewhere and see if I can get far enough out to find a shark...hahaha.



A friend of mine whose dad is a Spanish delegate to Austria invited me and a friend from Venezuela to his parents place in Vienna in a couple of weeks...so I'm really excited about that. Never been to the home of a delegate before, especially in a place like Vienna - the home of Beethoven, Mozart, Handel, Bach...a very classy place. I'll try to keep the blog going during the travels over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Cortney said...

I told Reid you were going to try kite surfing. His response, "cool." He informed me today that when we are in Florida we are going on a sailboat with a rainbow sail. Cool.