This has become more like a quarterly update than a blog about my life. Since the last post, I had Christmas in Arkansas and then went to MIT with my class to do a course there for three weeks before returning to Spain. Now its already March - unbelievable. Time is flying and in 3 months I won't be a student anymore for the first time in a year and a half. Right now I'm working dilligently to make sure I'm not unemployed when that time rolls around, which is a full time job in itself. I'm on a one application per day diet and I've interviewed with companies from consultancies to industry with headquarters from the mid-West to Sweden with opportunities on every continent. Life is about to take a sharp turn which probably includes adjustment to a new culture and language again...not that Spain is out of the question but there are more opportunities in the world than in this one country - so from my expertise in statistics (hahaha) it looks like chances are I'll be gone before long.
Other than job search is constant thesis work. Carbon offsets, energy efficiencies, climate change legislature, logistics parks and business plans...pretty much covers my life. I can't say I have all that exciting of a life on a normal daily basis, however at the same time it is pretty intense. Personal life has somewhat disappeared and won't really be back for some time I suppose. It is enough to try to fit in sleep, eating and excercise which have all significantly suffered.
I did go skiing with a few friends a few weeks ago in the Pyrenees on the border of France and Spain and last week to Barcelona with my class to tour the port of Barcelona. I got to meet up with my childhood friend, Tim, who now lives in Prague. Saturday was a long day of sitting on the beach having lunch from about 2pm til 7pm, then a siesta and back to dinner at midnight. Next week several friends come back to Spain that I studied with at IE - two coming from Paris and another from Vienna, at the same time a friend from New York will be here and we will go to a wedding and then a few days in Portugal before she goes back home. So not all is study study...there are a few hints of life poking their head thru now and then :)
Well now back to guess what?? Maybe the next time I write on here I can attach the company I'll be working for when I get out of here. Until next time....
Thursday, March 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment